How do you start your day?

If I need to be somewhere on time, I like to get up an hour earlier, just to have time to read my emails and plan my day while sipping on an Americano I make on my old-school coffee maker.

With missed calls.

EMŐKE: With a nice breakfast.
TAMÁS: I usually get up at 8 and have a huge breakfast, tune to the Bartók Radio and check my mail. When I have a rehearsal, I try to do it all fast to get there by 10. When there is no rehearsal, I stay at home to work.

My morning ritual is drinking tea. Camomile. At least a litre. And then some kind of breakfast, possibly sausage. Then I check my mail, do the paperwork if there is any, and then I come to the studio. 5 or 6 hours of work a day is enough.

I footle around, fumble among books, writings and drawings. I always plan more than I can eventually do that day. This way I make sure that I am always behind.

After peeing, and since noone else seems to want to take care of it, I make breakfast. That’s porridge with cut up hazelnuts raisins and a few spices. Then some juice, tea, hot chocolate for the child and a few toasts with jam or honey.

After getting around 4 or 5 hours of sleep, I wake up quite easily. I start with a cup of coffee followed by several more coffees until I get sufficiently warmed up and ready for work. My creative period is between 10 am and 3 pm nowadays (it used to be at night). Afterwards it’s fine-tuning and perfecting what I’ve done.

I’m a late riser. My day doesn’t get going until after 10am. I’m a compulsive breakfast eater and notorious radio listener (I listen to different radio stations – Tilos, Kossuth, Dankó and Bartók – in different rooms). Then I take my time in the bathroom, with the result that I’m usually late.

With a Buddhist ritual, formal practice followed by a substantial breakfast.

I don’t have a set routine – every morning is different. I normally get up early, and start my day by going over my to-do list in my head. Sometimes, when I work at night and only go to bed in the morning, I skip that altogether and just do things without giving them any thought.

I have my habits. I wake up in an iron poppy field in Vas (Hungarian for “iron”) Street. Generally I try to put the pieces of my dreams together right after that. I actually keep a dream diary. I speculate about my dreams and how they affect me. Then I have a cup of strong coffee to chase my dreams away and get my day started.

The kids wake me up around 6.30. I take them to school and do some grocery shopping. This is my daily ritual. Same thing every weekday, every week. By the time I can get down to work, it’s already around 10 or 10:30. I usually start out with some paperwork. The afternoons can get really busy depending on the piece I am working on. I may need to do some studio work or purchase raw materials.

I do not have a ritual. If I have something to do, I arrange my morning around it. I like to have a cup of coffee or tea. Since I do not have a daily routine or any fixed activities, every morning is different.

KCsCs: Some essentials: run a glucose test and inject insulin. Then after breakfast I do some exercises, more or less as a result of my diabetes. Running, swimming and, more recently, cycling have become part of my daily routine, but that’s all good.
ZK: After several beeps of the alarm I give up and then head for a coffee and smoke combo. Then I take the dog out for a walk or our kid to school or I run a little late for work, mostly to the dubbing studio and then to a rehearsal...

I read the Bible for an hour, then I pray. When I have done that, I feel I can start the day, I have His (God’s) support to enjoy my life and to know Him more. Breakfast, emails, some preparations follow.

I get up around half past 7–8, make coffee for the family, give milk to my son, skim some online portals, then rush to kindergarten. I come up to my studio around 11, put on my work clothes and work for about 4 or 5 hours.

Ideally, sex. :)) Just kidding. Truth is, all my mornings are spent rushing around and trying not to be late for everything.

I have a five-year-old daughter who demands a ritual. Our morning schedule depends on who is taking her to kindergarten that day. If it is not my turn, I can take my time in the morning. I worked as a freelance writer for a long time. In the mornings, I went to a café and spent the day there writing and working. Nowadays I work for an agency and I have to be there on time.

Now that summer is here, my daily routine starts with watering the garden. I like to take it slow in the morning: a cup of coffee, some gardening, and a film perhaps.

I spend some time recalling what I dreamt and going over them, then I rinse my mouth with olive oil (oil pulling). Next, I take all the things that I believe are good for me (cold pressed organic oils, minerals, vitamins, drops, etc.). I do Ashtanga Yoga for an hour followed by meditation and self-programming.

I only begin to dream when most people get up. For nearly 15 years, I’ve been playing Wednesday and weekend nights, which means Thursdays go out the window too. For me, morning starts at around 4 pm.

Hopefully with a clear fresh mind, eager to start the new adventure of a day which lies ahead.

I have my habits, of course. I get up early or even earlier. I prepare for my day and make note of everything. Or I go for a run or do some healing treatment; I'm very health conscious. If I don’t have to leave the house, I start work in the morning. Then we have lunch. We take a long nap between 2 and 5 pm and start all over again, until midnight or often 2 am.

Over the years, I’ve gradually established a precise routine. I wake up around 6.30am, have a light breakfast and a cup of coffee and smoke a cigarette as usual. By 7 I’m already in my workshop, listening to Klubrádió and thinking about my next project while I have another smoke. I always have coffee at 9 and talk about the plans for the day with Éva, my wife. I continue work in my workshop from 9.30 until noon. We grab a bite, and afterwards I take a nap until half past one. I wake up at 1.30 on the dot. Then I have some more coffee and work until 5.

I don’t get up too early, and normally start the day with a cup of green tea. Then I go for a swim in the local swimming pool or read my emails and get my private business done. The time for music comes in the evening, when the city has quieted down.

With a little exercise and riding my gym bike. I insist on a proper breakfast because it’s important not to start the day on an empty stomach. I like to sleep in and find it hard to get up before 8, though I wasn’t always in a position to sleep late. For 26 years I had various workplaces, and then I had to start the day early.

I don’t have any rituals. I just take my daughter to nursery school.

Recently I’ve got into the habit of relaxing for a few minutes after I wake up to turn off my mind. Peace and silence.

It varies, thank goodness. I don’t have a routine. I can’t stand having a routine. Sometimes I drink coffee, but on other days I have tea or water. Or sometimes I don’t drink any of those.

József: If it’s past two o’clock in the morning, I can’t really sleep, so I usually listen to the radio. If I feel there’s a lot of work to do, I get up at four. If I don’t have a lot to do, I laze in bed until half past four or five. Then I wash myself, kiss my wife and start my day in the workshop at half past five. I’ve been working here since 1971, and my daily routine hasn’t changed since then.
Ibolya: I wake up when my husband leaves for work. Then I go back to sleep for a bit, before either the alarm clock or the voices of our children wake me up properly. I arrive in the shop at around half past seven or eight.

This might sound peculiar, and it freaks out my wife each time: right after I get out of bed, I take a nice, 4-degrees Celsius cold shower. Then I have breakfast, take a look at my e-mails and the news, and then start working.

I am sure Dezső Váli could come up with the appropriate answer to that question. If I’m working, I wake up every morning thinking that what I did the day before is not yet perfect. I should have left it the way it was the day before that. So my day starts with facing failure. But that is what motivates me. That is why I create so many works. If I do not have any artistic work, my mornings are usually boring, I do not even remember how they start.

Most mornings I look out the window. My place has a beautiful view of the city. I just look out onto the Taban park, the Statue of Liberty on Gellert Hill and check whether the Buda Castle is still there. But of course I always first switch on my phone. Then I check my emails and take a shower.

I wake up at 6.28 in order to have time to rest a little until 6.50. At 6.50 I wake the kids up. These twenty minutes are my daily “vacuum”, my leisure and relaxation. We start out for school at 7.20 and by 7.45 I’m already at the office.

Normally I come to around half past eight, and then I have coffee. As Marci Gerlóczy put it in one of his books, “I have coffee so I can go and have coffee.” Then I drag myself to the Opera House, and have coffee and breakfast. Morning practice starts at 10 a.m. 2 or 3 times a week I take my children to kindergarten, so on those days my day starts with them.

I wake up thirsty so I drink some water.

Zsolt: I have a family, so the “system” tells me how to start the day. I have one child, who’s just starting crèche, and that defines my schedule. In the office my weekly work schedule is determined on Mondays.
Donát: The morning rituals of my kids (aged two and a half and four) determine my morning routine.
Ákos: During the week or at the weekend? On Saturdays and Sundays, we don’t have a morning start. We start our day at noon. On weekdays, I do some sport or start the day at the office.

Nowadays I usually make some Japanese tea. If I have time, I take a bath for about half an hour to an hour while I drink the tea. Then I either go to the studio or run some errands.

Every day has gone smoothly since my daughter Zóra was born eight years ago. We wake up at 6.30 and start our day with breakfast together, before walking or taking the bus to the school nearby. Then I either take the tram to Gellért Square on my university days, or come to the office.

I use three alarm clocks just to be on the safe side, have coffee (the type is important), do yoga to reinvigorate myself and then I get rolling.

Ádám: I have a coffee, browse the Internet and then take the kids to school.
Sándor: My mobile rings for about an hour trying to wake me up.
Tibor: With coffee.
Orsolya: Sometimes in a good mood, sometimes not quite.

It used to start with dragging the children to school. Now I start by doing some yoga and having some fruit. Then I ride my bike to work.

With green or possibly black tea.

I have my petit bourgeois ways, such as liking order and peace and quiet. I spend my mornings in a traditional way: tea, breakfast and waking up slowly and comfortably.

These days we’re often woken up by the kids. The day gets going properly with a big family breakfast together.

The early morning is the best part of the day. When I wake up, I’m always filled with some kind of inexplicable happiness. I guess I’m happy that a new day is about to start. On days when I work in my studio, I have coffee in bed and just chill for a while. I start my day at a comfortable pace. When I have things to do away from home, like teaching or some official business, I get up at six and set off early.

By going back to sleep...

Sometimes the children wake us up, sometimes it’s the other way round. We have breakfast, then it’s the kindergarten or the school for them. Twice a week I go jogging. Afterwards, I get down to work.

School sets the routine – I always take the children to school. Then I have a coffee and orange juice at my favourite bakery nearby, and buy breakfast for the next morning.
I make a to-do checklist, and call everyone on the list. That way, I can concentrate on my work for the rest of the day.

It’s a tough start. Füge (“Fig”), my shelter dog, has a sensitive ear and hears the alarm clock earlier than I do, giving him time to perform a Tsukahara double pike on me. From that moment, it’s the dog that tells me what to do. Next up is coffee and a walk.

Now that I’m getting older, the start of my days is getting more interesting. I’m an early bird now. The first thing I do is I check my e-mails. I learnt how to use the computer and the Internet a few years ago and now it’s part of my daily routine.

With honeyed coffee and a smile.

It’s important to distinguish between getting up and waking up – there may be a considerable time between the two. I don’t have any morning rituals.

I wake up relaxed, without rushing. I enjoy the morning light while sipping my coffee and that sets the mood for the day.

I sit down at the piano and play a classic or two from sheet music. I am trying to fill the gaps and improve my score-reading skills.

I have a morning ritual: coffee, cigarettes and playing spider solitaire on the computer. It helps to get my thoughts going and bring memories to the surface. I also write my diary in the mornings, and the stories that come back to me, even from way back, end up in the diary.

Nóra Demeter: It’s my six-year-old, Kristóf, who gets our day started: family breakfast, nursery school, feeding the cat.
Gábor Zoboki: I went from being a morning lark to a night owl. Since I moved to a loft apartment, I find it difficult to leave from home. I live my life differently from before. I enjoy sunrises and the ornithological “noise pollution”

Róbert Farkas: You won’t find many musicians who get up at 7 or 8 am. For some reason I always wake up at around 9 or 10 am. I begin my day by reading for about an hour or an hour and a half.

Juci Németh: In a hectic fashion. I always try to get at least eight hours of sleep. I start with a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon, followed by a cup of coffee with rice milk. If I’m in a good mood, I perform a sun greeting ceremony. My mood depends on my dreams. I always dream and remember my dreams. They set the mood of my mornings. I always look out the window to check the weather like the country girl I am, then turn on the computer and settle down to work and read the news of the day.

I usually wake up at 6 in the morning with my family in Buda. If everything goes well, I am in Pest by 8, and write in my study until 11. Then I swim, ideally, for an hour.

My day starts with my kids, who spoil my day because they do not want to go to the kindergarten.

There is a ritual. I always get up too early, so I usually watch a classic movie on television. Then I read my e-mail, have a decent breakfast and get going.

There is a ritual for weekdays and one for weekends. On weekdays: I make coffee, have breakfast, make a mid-morning snack, rest for half and hour, read on the internet…at the weekend, I go to the market and then I have breakfast.

I wake up to the alarm clock, check my email, then the news.

Kati Imre: I get up at six, make coffee and bake croissant, which I burn every morning. I wake up the kids, we have breakfast, I pack up their lunch and we get going.
Nóra Rácz: In a funny way. I wake up my two elder children, and then we slowly get out of the house. Usually we come back twice before we eventually get on our way.
Kati Stampf: I get up first, which is never easy… then I wake up my little Zsuzsi.

I get up at 5, have two cups of coffee and meditate for half an hour.

Katalin Ivánka: I am not a morning person, so I have consciously invented a strict order for the day.
András Ivánka: It is always hard for me to get up. I usually dream of my work, and keep the phase of waking up short.

With half a handful of muesli soaked in hot water.

Csaba Herczeg: With my family.
Tamás TüzesT: I wake up to my alarm clock and take my dog for a walk

I get up with my family, sometimes take my younger kid to the kindergarten and the other to school, then I go to my studio.

My mornings start twice. First I get up at around 6, and read books and magazines for an hour or two. Then I sleep until 10.

I get up at 6 with my daughter, and take her to the creche. In fact, I am used to getting up early because I used to play water polo for a long time.

At my designer desk. And that’s where I go to bed from, too. But sometimes I do some sports in the morning.

I wake up by myself, later in the morning. Then I step out for a coffee.

I check my email.

I am an early riser, have a quick breakfast, then I take every possible means of public transport (running around on business).

Tea, tea and then, more tea.

I kiss my husband.

7:45 – first injection.

As I go to bed between 2 and 4 a.m., I do not get up early and it is always hard… We have breakfast when the noon edition of the radio news is on.

30 minutes of yoga, and another 30 minutes of Zen meditation.

Katie April 29, 2013 at 8:31 pm Nancy Foster, PhD APRN is a GREAT doctor to see! Ines November 25, 2012 at 11:54 pm does anyone know of a practitioner in Ottawa, Canada, who viagra viagra for women is familiar with MTHFR mutation?